Researcher: Fish or Shrimp Health
Skretting ARC is currently looking for an experienced researcher in aquatic animal health with an innovative mindset and sound collaborative skills. In this role you will be a key player in the development of novel solutions optimising fish and/or shrimp health for our fast growing aquafeed operations world-wide.
Main tasks include:
- Planning, coordination and execution of research studies related to fish/shrimp health.
- Development and implementation of novel technologies to assess aquatic animal health and facilitate research and development of functional nutrition solutions.
- Management of collaborative projects with internal and external partners.
- Communication of results and findings to our key stakeholders; assist in implementation.
- Provide technical support relating to fish/shrimp health issues to our operating companies.
- PhD in animal health, immunology, pathology or equivalent.
- Competence of experimental design of fish/shrimp trials and proficiency in statistics.
- Proven track record in the development of new concepts and technologies related to animal health.
- Network of scientific partners (preferably international).
- Specific experience of functional feed development is preferable, but not a requirement.
- Innovative mindset, including a hands-on and target oriented mentality.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High proficiency in the English language.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established team of fish and shrimp health researchers.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment.
- Develop and implement new products, technologies and concepts.
- Closely interact with our operating companies world-wide as well as other parts of the organisation.
- Work for a leading company in animal nutrition and aquafeed.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
The working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling for children. The working language is English.
The successful applicant combines a high level of understanding of his/her technical area with a creative and innovative mindset. For further information please contact Charles McGurk, Health Manager, Skretting ARC, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from candidates with the described skills and experience.
Please send your CV and cover letter describing your motivation by email to: email@example.com