Product Manager (UK)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join the business at an exciting time of growth for the organisation. BioMar UK is looking for a results oriented and self-driven Product Manager who will be a key player in driving the development and market implementation of innovative BioMar feed solutions.
You will manage the product portfolio for BioMar UK with a focus on maintaining and developing BioMar’s position as market leader. The core activities for the UK business are salmon feeds (marine and fresh water) but you will also have responsibility for other segments e.g. organic, trout, marine species etc.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Driving the product development activities for the UK market
- Developing a close working relationship with the R&D and Technical Department in Norway
- Ensuring a strong collaboration between relevant departments in regards to implementation of new feed solutions
- Being a key player in establishing solid commercial objectives
- Ensuring budgeting, forecasting and follow up on product portfolio performance
- Supporting development of technical and commercial product documentation as well as effective internal and external communication
As a person you will be commercially astute, enthusiastic, proactive, and with the ability to build relations with customers and colleagues whilst working in a multicultural environment. Furthermore you will need a structured approach, with a strategic overview and the ability to remain open-minded. Your professional background will probably be characterized by:
- A Bachelor’s degree/MSc in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideally you will have experience from a similar position within the aquaculture industry, combined with product development and project management experience
- Fluent in English and IT literate
- Experience from the aquaculture sector or related areas such as animal or human health, food or agriculture
The position is based in Grangemouth but will necessitate travel, mainly within the UK and Europe.
This is a challenging and exciting role within a fast paced organisation and will provide the opportunity for personal and professional development. In return BioMar are offering an excellent remuneration package, including company car, contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th August 2017