Aquaculture Cage Production Manager
We are looking for a capable and experienced aquaculturalist to come in and
immediately make an impact within our company. We are a rapidly growing organisation and as such are seeking to recruit highly experienced, qualified and motivated individuals who are capable of immediately having a positive impact, helping us to achieve our goals.
The ideal candidate will have obtained a university degree (or equivalent in work experience). They will have 5+ years’ experience working in commercial aquaculture.
Experience & Attributes:
- Experience in cage aquaculture, ideally in large-scale production systems, including cage and mooring installation, fish handling and grading, harvesting and feeding.
- Strong knowledge of fish biology, nutrition and water quality, especially as it relates to animal health and pathology.
- Experience of establishing and implementing protocols and SOPs.
- Able to lead large teams (>50 people) in multiple work streams, including technical and logistics-intensive activities.
- Experience of using fish management software.
- Efficient in multi-tasking and accomplishing range of projects on schedule.
- Strong teamwork and ability to function well in groups, including strong communication skills.
- Desire to learn and progress within the organization.
- Incredibly diligent and able to follow projects through to completion.
- Dedicated to excellence and detail-oriented execution.
- Specific knowledge and experience with tilapia would be advantageous.
Ideally, the candidate will also have experience of working in a rural environment within a developing country. In cases without developing country experience, candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness and desire to relocate to Kenya.
In addition to the daily workload within the production department, we expect the Production Manager to assist in supporting and creating processes within other departments.
Please send applications to Steve.Moran@victoryfarmskenya.com by August 14.