Biomega AS is growing rapidly and is now looking for a Sourcing Manager based in Bergen, Norway to support its global ambitions.
As sourcing manager your tasks will be:
- Develop and implement strategies for sourcing area aligned with the company’ objectives.
- Familiarity with sustainable practices within the industry.
- Develop, lead and execute sourcing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Forecast market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Regular travel to meet suppliers.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Contribute to logistics strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration or equivalent.
- 5 or more years of sourcing experience and good established relationships with suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written in English and Norwegian.
- Sound statistical, financial, and functional acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in market dynamics along with a developed business sense. You identify and seize commercial opportunities, have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability. You enjoy buying and negotiating and seek to understand and meet the needs of both the supplier and the company. You have a wide network of contacts and relationships and utilise it to achieve objectives. You make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully. You act on own initiative, make things happen and accepts responsibility for the results. You communicate in a clear, precise and structured way, speak with authority and conviction and present effectively.
What can Biomega offer?
In addition to a rewarding career, Biomega offers:
- A unique opportunity to work with a leading global biorefinery in a state of growth.
- Competitive pay.
- Opportunities for career growth.