Business Development Manager
InnovaSea is now looking for an experienced business development executive to lead the go-to-market strategy, identifying and develop the client base, and grow sales revenue.
Reporting to the President, the business development manager is responsible for developing and executing InnovaSea’s go-to-market strategy including value proposition and solutions sales approach. This position is responsible for the sales process and achievement of sales objectives. The successful candidate will generate leads, qualify prospects, and manage the sale of products and services to clients. In addition, this role will research sales competition and their products and offerings.
InnovaSea is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced professional with a deep understanding of the industry, strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork.
- Develop sales strategy, execute sales process including sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Evaluate industry sectors and markets, identify prospects, and required product offerings to increase market share and presence
- Execute the sales process for product and solution sales
- Manage client relationships including: making periodic on-site visits, identifying specific unmet needs, anticipating new opportunities, and building productive long-term relationships
- Resolve client complaints by investigating issues, developing solutions, and making recommendations for resolution
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential clients to meet their needs
- Work with engineering, production and operations to develop products and offerings to meet client needs, and ensure sales obligations are met in a timely fashion
- Attend relevant industry events and conferences, and support InnovaSea presence at such events
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Develop and utilize a defined sales process including a CRM system integrated with InnovaSea’s ERP system for managing and maintaining the sales pipeline
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience selling aquaculture equipment
- Experience developing and executing a go-to-market strategy
- Experience with solution sales process
- Ability to work in the United States
- Familiarity with CRM practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Spanish language skills are a plus
In order to be successful in the position as Business Development Manager it is also important that you act on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results. You identify and seize commercial opportunities and has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability. You demonstrate specialist knwledge and expertise in own area and participate in continuous professional development. You produces fresh and innovative ideas and solutions, breaks away from tradition and promotes change and novelty. You build useful network of contacts and relationships and utilises it to achieve objectivs. You make an impact and promote plans and ideas successfully. You communicate in a clear, precise and structured way, speak with authority and conviction and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs. This is a full-time position located in Boston, Massachusetts. Travel will be required for this position including both domestic and international destinations.
InnovaSea offers the right candidate:
- Career opportunities in a company in growth.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to travel and visit different sites.