A unique opportunity has arisen to join a dedicated team developing and testing new health products for the Aquaculture Industry. The Trials Assistant supports laboratory based trials within our commercial Fish Health Unit. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated trials team responsible for fish husbandry, trials procedures, record keeping and reporting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Fish husbandry and routine maintenance.
- Assisting in setting up and maintaining stock holding systems
- Carrying out trial protocols and keeping accurate records.
- Working to regulatory requirements under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Preparing SOPs related to GLP
- Preparing Risk Assessments
- Data entry and drafting of reports.
- Setting up experimental trials, taking trial measurements and laboratory samples as required.
- Maintaining stock cultures and solutions.
- Working to a 7-day week rota with emergency night call out also on rota
About the candidate:
- You will hold a first degree, or Masters, in a biological science and/or demonstrable experience of working in a research environment.
- You will be a self-motivated team player with the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised.
- You will be a proactive problem solver who enjoys working with others to achieve good results.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will have good report writing skills and be familiar with current Microsoft packages.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. A full benefit package including 33 days’ holiday, discretionary bonus and pension scheme is provided.
Hours: Full time, based at our site in Ardtoe.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, quoting FAIA24, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 19th June 2017