Aquaculture Sales Specialist
Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Our technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. Collaborating with industry partners, governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other companies, we serve a wide variety of customers in the residential and commercial, industrial, food and beverage, infrastructure, and energy verticals. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion and approximately 26,000 employees worldwide, the company operates as One Pentair, driven by purpose, led by vision, guided by process, and united by its Win Right Values.
Pentair is currently seeking a Aquaculture Sales Specialist to grow the Aquaculture business through relationship building, equipment and system sales, and promoting and qualifying Pentair as a major emerging design, service and equipment company for all Aquacultural needs. In this role, the Aquaculture Sales Specialist will be responsible for superior customer service ensuring that all Aquaculture customers concerns are handled in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. There shall be a strong emphasis on customer care, ensuring customer satisfaction, managing projects, and providing necessary technical support. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to review current aquaculture research and scientific literature, and leverage this to benefit existing and potential clients
- Familiarity with current and emerging aquaculture species, including reproduction, hatchery, nursery, and grow-out phases.
- Strong knowledge of finfish and shellfish biology and hatchery design/operation
- Ability to review, comprehend, and suggest changes in engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite software, Salesforce and any other related CRM tools.
- Strong technical/working knowledge of the following areas:
- Required unit processes of Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS)
- solids removal (i.e. drum filters)
- biological filtration (i.e. trickling filter vs. fluidized-bed reactor)
- fine and dissolved solids removal
- aeration and oxygenation (i.e. PPC’s, LHO’s, cones, diffusers, Sea Pen aeration/Oxygenation)
- dissolved gas removal (i.e. Nitrogen Reactor)
- disinfection processes (i.e. UV & ozone)
- Water quality management systems with automated control (i.e. hand held meters, PLC’s, and SCADA)
- Pipe sizing, layout, and construction in aquaculture systems
- Pump sizing and specification in aquaculture systems
- Relationship-building, selling, partnering, and managing of key accounts.
- Effectively coordinate schedules between outside and inside sales and the respective production and logistic teams
- Call on/establish relationships with resource referrals
- Promote/sell/secure orders from existing and potential customers.
- Demonstrate products and services and assist prospective dealers in the selection of those best suited to their needs.
- Strong activity of product promotion
- Familiarize established accounts with new products, services, and developments (market penetration).
- Develop/maintain close working relationship with Inside Sales, Credit Department, Customer Service, Production, Logistics, and Technical Services.
- Provide technical support where required or suggested.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel.
- Prepare documents such as price quotations/ proposals, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service contracts
- Investigate policies and notify company of competitive products, promotional sales, selling techniques, pricing, warranties, and marketing policies.
- Submit periodic reports detailing activities/sales volumes/expenses.
- Investigate and expedite warranty claims and complaints in accordance with company policies.
- Conduct follow-up service calls to all accounts to ensure satisfaction with all agreements reached during sales approach.
- Conduct all business transactions in a manner that upholds the high ethical standards of the Corporation.
- Provide product and service quotations and follow up.
- Help ensure the success of the consumer sales/marketing plan through sales efforts directed toward dealers, facilities, organizations, professional clientele, and end users.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
Minimum BSc in Sciences - Biology/Aquaculture/Fisheries/Applied Science (MSc preferred)
Preferred to have at least 5 years experience within an Aquaculture environment
Valid driver’s license
Excellent array of organizational and soft skills
Must be technology/computer savvy
Must be able to transcend cultural barriers
Strong working/academic knowledge of Aquaculture
Must have the ability to effectively manage a wide variety of projects
Excellent telephone skills and excellent office skills
Must be very detailed oriented
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
Self-starter, able to work without close supervision
Ability to travel extensively for client visits as well as industry trade show attendance
Ability to provide troubleshooting services on-site and by phone
Good product knowledge
Demonstrated initiative (self-starter)
Personable, able to establish good relationship with clients
Must be Customer Centric and be able to handle difficult customers
Personal attributes: Responsive, self-reliant, responsible, reliable, accountable and ethical
Water Segment Overview
Designs, manufactures, and services innovative products and solutions for the toughest filtration, separation, flow and water management challenges in agriculture, aquaculture, foodservice, food and beverage processing, swimming pools, water supply and disposal, and a variety of industrial application.