Fish Health Manager
We currently have a vacancy for a Fish Health Manager who will have overall responsibility for the Fish Health Department, and as a team, will ensure the highest standard of fish health support to our farmed Salmon production sites in the UK.
The successful candidate will have a collaborative approach to fish health management, working with Directors and Area Managers, from technical support to site staff, by monitoring and improving fish health procedures.
The role and main responsibilities would include:
- Manage the Fish Health Department, supervising the team responsibilities and creating a positive ethos
- Sample and investigate all parameters relating to Fish Health
- Design strategies to minimise the effect of any concerns, ensuring best practice and welfare at all times
- Establish and/or review Veterinary Health & Welfare Plans and Standard Operating Procedures for all fish health and laboratory related procedures
- Carry out technical and analytical research to investigate any emerging diseases
- Develop and maintain strong collaborations, with the ability to work and network across all intercompany staff members/departments, external companies and counterparts from other companies
- Use analytical skills to inform data-based decisions including new vaccines and treatments
- Incorporate research and technical knowledge into routine production activities.
The candidate should preferably have previous experience in a Fish Health Biology or Department capacity. You should have a systematic and enthusiastic approach to play a key role in our company. You should be able to develop, manage and support recommendations throughout all departments of the company.
In return for your commitment, hard work and dedication we offer excellent terms and conditions, including; competitive salary, bonus scheme, company pension, salary sacrifice schemes and generous holiday entitlement.
If you feel you have the necessary attributes to successfully fulfil this position and contribute to a progressive, results orientated company, then please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1500 hours on 01 May 2017.