BioMar is one of the leading suppliers of high quality fish feed. BioMar worldwide supplies feed to more than 40 different fish species and all life stages in the fish life cycle. Production takes place at modern factories in Denmark, Norway, Chile, Scotland, Greece, Spain, France, Turkey and Costa Rica. BioMar R&D consists of a strong Global team of scientists in Norway, UK and Denmark. Our research and trial facilities are strategically located to facilitate trials with different fish species and production conditions in Europe and Americas.
Research in fish health
One of our skilled senior scientists has got the chance to try out new opportunities within BioMar, and the R&D main office in Trondheim is therefore looking for a new colleague to join our global ambitious fish health team.
- Research in aquatic health and nutrition (fish and shrimp)
- Development of animal feed products and feed concepts
- Lead national and international R&D projects from idea to product
- Be a technical support to colleagues across department and countries
- PhD degree in biology, pathology, physiology, nutrition, biotechnology or other relevant subjects related to health in aquatic species
- Research experience from an established research environment, with good competence on relevant analytical and statistical methods
- Experience in project management
- Network within industry and/or research
- Skilled in oral and written English language and preferably Norwegian
- We are looking for a team player with excellent relationship builder and good co-operative skills. You have the ability to work independently, systematically and goal oriented. As a person you are agile and open for new challenges.
- Some travelling must be expected
- As researcher in the fish health team you will be working in a global setting with strong team of scientists and together with reference research institutions, suppliers and customers worldwide to support our goal to Innovate Aquaculture.