Seafood Buyer/Sushi Category Manager
Manage inventory levels and costing of all items responsible for procuring. Coordinate logistics for inbound freight and provide assistance to other buyers and inventory control. Responsible for obtaining seafood products which meet or exceed company specifications at the lowest legal cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
• Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
• Manage and procure stock items assigned
• Attend daily inventory meetings
• Manage and communicate new and discontinued items, changes in product and packaging technologies
• Work with sales team to understand market conditions, analyze competitive market activity, and assist in the development of sales and market plans
• Maintain cost fields in AS400 for stock and fillet items
• Develop seasonal and annual merchandising programs
• Develop weekly sales forecast with sales management and purchase product to ensure stock and inventory requirements are achieved
• Understand and use supplier lead times to maximize the company's advantages in the marketplace
• Ensure that product transport carriers adhere to committed schedules for delivery and that carriers follow warehouse receiving schedule requirements
• Prepare PO's for receiving each day and supply to the Lead Receiver attaching transportation instructions
• Respond to Sales requests for research/source new products from the sales personnel
• Utilization of Product Request Form
• Print and distribute daily fresh product information sheet
• Track freight and confirm PO’s for inbound shipments
• Cross train with buyers and inventory control to help provide vacation coverage
• Update and bid on sheets
• Handle various accounts in sales
• Answer telephones
• Perform other duties, as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Fluent in Japanese
• Knowledge of AS400, Word and Excel.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
• Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
• General office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Interpersonal Skills - Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue.
Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking - Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure.
Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Pacific Seafood University Required Training:
• First Ninety Days (Welcome to the Team, Diamond Philosophy, The Key Principles, and Star Method of Feedback and EAP)
• Safe Lifting
• Industrial Ergonomics
• Slips, Trips, Falls
• Safety Orientation
• Computer Work Station Safety
• Preventative Stretching
The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified. I fully understand the contents of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties, physical demands, and working conditions explained to me. I understand Pacific Seafood Group is an equal opportunity employer and that is job description is not a contract of employment. Its purpose is to define, though not exhaustively, the essential functions of the job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.